Search This Blog

Saturday 28 July 2012

Character: a poem


Welcome!

Rainbow lorikeet
A bit of a bio: I live in the Adelaide Hills in South Australia, surrounded by gum trees and yellow-flowering acacias, possums, wattle birds, koalas, and a host of other wildlife. The neighbours are reasonably tame though :) I have a family, tropical fish and one chicken. I write for children, young adults and adults in no particular genre (the miscellaneous side of 'literary') but I love to write about what's going on inside people.

Here is a poem for you to enjoy.




Character

I build her up. I begin with the heart,
the core of personality,
layer on layer. Strengths and flaws impel
my character to life. Breath
carries her story.

Layer by layer, scrape the outer crust
face my false imagery.
My characters are organs of my self
slashed from the whole, given birth
to reveal my core.


Don't forget to leave me some feedback or just your thoughts. If you can't get the darn thing to let you leave a comment, email me. I'd love to hear from you!

Until next week...
Claire Belberg

2 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to seeing how this blog-of-promise fulfils its creator's dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the music - it suits you and the page perfectly. Your poem has so much meaning - I really loved it but it feels as though it's unfinished and that there's more. I'm looking forward to seeing what else you have for us. Ann Nxx

    ReplyDelete

If you are having trouble posting a comment, please email me. Your comments are really appreciated!